Easy step-by-step tutorial to make origami balloon for folding paper craft projects and mess-free activities with only using a piece of square paper.
Origami Balloon Instruction
This paper balloon is always fun for craft activity during rainy days, camping trips, class projects or anytime, anywhere, whenever you have a piece of square paper available.
This origami balloon instruction is very straightforward and only requires one piece of material.
Supply To Make Paper Balloon
You only need square origami or thin paper to make a paper balloon. The one I use here is 8 inches square. You can certainly use smaller or larger square paper for the balloon.
If you use a rectangle A4 paper, then turn the paper into a square shape.
The gift wrapping paper is also great for origami balloons. You will get paper balloons or paper balls with colorful prints.
Step By Step Origami Balloon Tutorial
Fold the paper in half, then open it, fold it again in half on the other side, then open it.
Fold the paper diagonally on both sides.
Fold the paper on one straight folded line to resemble a triangle as it folds on both diagonal folded lines.
There would be four pointy flaps. Fold all the flaps down toward the pointy middle triangle corner. Fold all side corners on the flap inward.
Tuck the pointy flap into the pocket of the folded side corner.
Blow air through the hole to inflate the paper balloon.
Make multiple balloons using various paper colours, then hang them on the string for an easy and quick paper balloon garland.
If using plain paper, you can doodle the paper before blowing the balloon with air.
The origami paper I use is not strong enough. You can see it has ripped in some spots. When I use an A4 paper, it never gets ripped on any fold. But it is fun when using colorful origami paper.
Either way, any thin paper works for making paper balloons or balls. Construction paper, sketching paper, or cardstock is certainly too thick for the project, but it is possible to use it for this origami project.Make balloon from paper by using a piece of square paper #paperballoon #origamiballoon Click To Tweet
More easy paper craft ideas
- Heart Valentine Lollipop Holder
- Crepe Paper Lollipop Flowers
- Cupcake Liner Flowers
- Cupcake Liner Butterfly Pencil Topper
Easy Paper Craft Idea To Make Origami Balloon
- 8" square paper
- Scissors (optional) if the paper is not square
- Pencil or marker (optional for doodle)
- Fold the paper in half, then open it, fold it again in half on the other side, then open it.
- Fold the paper diagonally on both sides.
- Fold the paper on one straight folded line to resemble a triangle as it folds on both diagonal folded lines.
- There would be four pointy flaps. Fold all the flaps down toward the pointy middle triangle corner.
- Fold all side corners on the flap inward.
- Tuck the pointy flap into the pocket of the folded side corner.
- Blow air through the hole to inflate the paper balloon.
The paper size can be smaller or larger than 8" square.